The Ancient City has tons of historical landmarks worth exploring. View some of our favorites here.
Potter’s Wax Museum is a wonderful gallery, showcasing achievements and creations that have shaped our world. Come face-to-face with courage and innovation and mingle with greatness and incredible talents! Be amazed at the detailed craftsmanship used to faithfully portray some of the most influential and remarkable personalities in our history from around the world.
Over 160wax figures
THE OLDEST WAX MUSEUM
IN THE COUNTRY
Potter’s Wax Museum, located inside the Old Drug Store in St. Augustine’s historic district, is America’s first and oldest wax museum. The founder, George Leonard Potter, traveled to London as a child and became fascinated with the craft of wax figure making after visiting London’s famed Madame Tussauds. With a strong interest in the history of St. Augustine and a dream of opening a similar museum in the States, the iconic St. Augustine wax museum was born!
DISCOVER EVERYTHING TO
DO IN ST. AUGUSTINE
As far as attractions go, Potter’s offers great value. Unlike any attraction of its kind, it is housed inside the oldest pharmacy in the United States. This is the oldest wax museum in the country and there are a wide variety of figures to examine ranging from Roman Centurions to celebrities and political leaders. Be sure to visit “The Dark Side of Saint Augustine,” which features local stories from St. Augustine’s history. There is a good chance that an artist will be on site to show you the workstation where all the magic happens.
Did You Know...
The costume collection is valued at over $1,000,000 and features ornate, hand-made antique garments
We’ve got several options to choose from to help you maximize your time in St. Augustine.
Potter’s Wax Museum
- Home to more than 160 different wax figures
- Collection includes people who’ve played an important part in history
- An entertaining time for adults and children of all ages
Ghosts & Gravestones Tour
- 60-minute narrated tour by our talented ghost hosts
- Exclusive nighttime experience inside of Potter’s Wax Museum’s Chamber of Horrors
- As Seen on The Today Show, Sci-Fi Channel and Travel Channel
The Old Jail
- Take a tour of the maximum security cells
- Meet Sheriff Joe Perry who’ll fill you in on how executions were held in the gallows
- See where the warden and his family lived just footsteps away
1-Day Old Town Trolley Tour
- 1 day of free unlimited re-boarding
- Hop on & off at 21 Old Town Trolley stops
- Open air sightseeing perfect for taking pictures
- Fully narrated tour of St. Augustine
St. Augustine is a wonderful family-friendly vacation destination. View some of our favorite family attractions here.